If you happened to make a New Year’s resolution involving skincare or beauty products, I have some ideas to get you on your way! From finding the perfect red lipstick, to wearing sunscreen daily, I dug through my files and sample piles for some recommendations that may help you (and me too) out.
1. Find, and wear, the perfect red lip. This Chanel lipstick in 99/Pirate is absolutely perfect, and I’m told, works for everyone. Try it for yourself and report back!
2. Banish blemishes for good, or at least hide those pesky pimples. EradiKate is hands down my favorite product, followed closely by bareMinerals blemish therapy, which also acts as a concealer. I use both these products daily.
3. Try a BB cream. I still haven’t gotten around to that. Bobbi Brown to the rescue!
5. Use an eye cream. Maybe more important than #4. Thankfully, I’m pretty good at this, as Kate Somerville’s product is one of my faves. ReVive also makes a great eye cream for about the same price ($130 isn’t that bad for really good eye cream, I promise).
6. Master the liquid/winged eyeliner. This is my favorite beauty look, and one I wear all day long, thanks to Le Metier de Beaute’s perfect eyeliner. If this is important to you, I strongly recommend paying the $42 and trying it out. If not, Maybelline makes a decent cheaper version!
8. Sleep more, or, hide those dark circles. BECCA dual coverage compact is the perfect remedy.
10. Wear sunscreen daily. Clinique’s City Block not only has broad spectrum 40 SPF, but it blocks out environmental damage. Protect that face!